About my Blog

This blog contains anything I want to give my two cents on. Topics can be funny, amusing, or even disgusting. Feel free to share your ideas by leaving a comment!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Editing Christmas

This year I will be celebrating my 23rd Christmas. It is amazing how the meaning of Christmas changed for me from childhood to a young adult. It feels like you edit what Christmas is to you as you become more mature.

When I was a child Christmas meant new toys, delicious foods, and party games. As I grow older, Christmas started to mean family gatherings and seeing my relatives who live far. As I came to know more about Christ, Christmas became something really special because I realized how it is a celebration of the birth of the Man who died for us.

This holiday have different meanings for different people. Whatever this means to you, you just have to remember to respect other people's reason for celebrating. I learned that it is better to greet other people by saying Happy Holidays instead of saying Merry Christmas to make sure that you don’t offend anyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment