About my Blog

This blog contains anything I want to give my two cents on. Topics can be funny, amusing, or even disgusting. Feel free to share your ideas by leaving a comment!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What's in a name?

Do you ever wonder about business names and ask why did they come up with that name? In my opinion, business names should capture the nature of the business and the image that they want to communicate to their target audience. 

I was out last Saturday when I noticed the name of the gym in front of Northgate mall. It says Snap Fitness 24/7. The lights inside the gym were closed and it looked like no one was there. 24/7? Aren't they supposed to be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week? 

It looks funny to me, but it can be confusing to others.

Choosing a business name is like editing a headline. The name should be catchy yet descriptive. The business name is one of the factors that could either make or break the business; it is usually the first thing that will bring people to your business. Aside from creating a catchy and nice business name, the owners should make sure they deliver what their name or tagline promised. If they can't deliver that promise, maybe they shouldn't put it in their business name after all. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment